
Hello All,
Thanks for tuning in again to my blog, which I hope to keep going for a while this time.
For those of you who don't know, I am currently on a cross-country road trip from San Francisco to LA to Miami with my friend Matt from high school. I picked Matt up in LA, where he was staying with his brother, and I checked out the city for a day and a half. Didn't see much, as it turns out LA is unbelievably large, but we ate some good tacos and burgers. Here are pictures of them, along with a few sites.
There are dozens and dozens of taquerias and taco trucks around the city. We first went to Matt's brother's favorite, Cinco de Mayo, and sampled huevos rancheros:

Fish tacos and tacos al pastor (made with shredded pork)...

Matt digging in...

Later that night, on our way to Fatburger, we passed the freakiest building in LA... the Scientology Center in Westwood. Look how huge it is...

And finally Fatburger, SoCal's superior, or so I heard, alternative to In 'n Out.

They bill themselves as "America's last great hamburger stand," and have an appropriately vintage menu. Note how it is just as simple as In 'n Out's menu, but no secret menu options like "animal style" and "fries well done" as far as I could tell.

The burger, I have to admit, was better than an In 'n Out burger, but we're comparing apples and oranges, here, people. The fatburger is much bigger, with a thicker beef patty (it comes with steak fries, as well, not regular) and costs almost twice as much as InO. Here's a picture, in any case, so that you can imagine you are eating one. I can see your mouth watering...

And finally, another taco stand. Wee!
2 comments:
Item 1: I am righteously angry at you for not calling while you were in LA.
Item 2: If you haven't gone to the Tito's Tacos website you haven't yet lived. Check that shit out.
xo,
Sophie
PS Safe travels.
hot damn, sophie, you're right.
"the only thing better than a tito's taco.... is 2!"
i also like the spanish version.
holla from collaradda,
robbie
Post a Comment