[you see dis? now make dis.]
This is the third in a series of guest blog-posts from the folks who attended our New Years Eve Iron Chef-style cookoff at Hickory House. There was one rule: you had to use exactly 9 (as in, 2009) ingredients. The results were so delicious that no winner was determined, and I felt compelled to post the recipes on here. Today's guest blogger-chef is Margot, who is famous for being the subject of a hilarious marijuana-related duping scheme run by the University of Pittsburgh's young republicans, and for saying, on national TV, "I still think Kerry's a douche, but I voted against Bush."
FENNEL CANTALOUPE SALAD, Or, a Salad of Cantaloupe and Fennel
1. Fennel, 2 bulbs
2. Cantaloupe, 1
3. Lime, juice of several, to taste
4. Olive Oil, a healthy drizzle
5. Salt, to taste
6. Pistachios, a healthy handful
7. Bleu cheese, another healthy handful, crumbled
8. Tarragon, one bunch, coursely chopped
9. Love- the most important ingredient! I guess I miscounted my corporeal ingredients so I'm including this oft neglected one.
Slice the fennel bulbs thinly on the diagonal and place in a bowl. Halve the cantaloupe and carve out thin concave bits with a spoon into the fennel bowl. Squeeze the limes over the whole thing until everything's good and limey. You can add salt and olive oil here and let it sit for a little while to meld. Before serving, toss with the tarragon, pistachios and bleu cheese.
2 comments:
Is that Amy Winehouse?
only when her hair is in a beehive
Post a Comment