Monday, November 27, 2006

Tandoori Thanksgiving



The Indian enthusiasm for eating, I should think, goes quite well with the spirit of Thanksgiving. And after all, wasn't it the Indians who invented Thanksgiving? Why don't they celebrate the holiday already? Am I missing something, people?

For some reason, Deval my boss (pictured above) who doesn't like being called my "boss," even though that's what he is, got homesick for Thanksgiving this year (he's a native Texan) and decided the Dasra team should take a day off and eat a massive amount of food. I was promised a whole tandoori chicken to gorge myself on (this is a land where "non-veg" is actually a category on restaurant menus -- as if we're the exception), and I was excited about photographing that neon-red chikkin-skin. But alas, I got regular roasted chicken. I am very thankful, however, because that chicken was delicious, as was the rest of the food, which is pictured below.

clockwise from left: cheese plate, roast chicken, stuffing, mashed-sweet-potato-pineapple-marshmallow-concoction (my own contribution), butter cookies...



clockwise from left: cheese plate, chicken, green bean casserole, mashed taters, cranberry sauce, more mashed taters, paneer tikka (highlighted), stuffing, sweet-potato-delicious, butter cookies...





my third plate:



good camaraderie enjoyed by all:





dessert:





another thing i'm thankful for is this.

i'm not thankful, at all, for this.

Hope you all had a delicious Thanksgiving meal, and a nice time with family and friends. I missed you all.

-R

No comments: