Thursday, October 06, 2005

Portugal Part 3 - Sintra, Cascais, Lisboa

Moving on through Portugal, we checked out Sintra, famous for its Royal Summer Palace of Prohibited Photography, where the royal family lived, without flash photography for hundreds of years. I took some (3) cool pictures outside of it though. Sintra was a beautiful city...

Here´s the hills across the street from the palace...




And here´s Evan standing in a doorway...


And here I am, standing on the railing of the castle...


From there, we went to Cascais, a rich beachy suburb of Lisboa. There was a sign that said that the water was unfit for bathing because of all the pollutants and fishing boats, but we swam anyways...



And right near Cascais was the Cabo del Infierno, the Mouth of Hell, a big rocky inlet gorge (a fjord?) that was, I believe, the westernmost point in all of Europe.



Daniel climbed on the rocks with me...


And I looked like a fool, as usual...


Then on the bus to Lisboa I ate some queijos da serra, these delicious portuguese cream cheese tarts that taste like cinnamon and delicious...


Then when we got to Lisboa, which was a very pretty city, and which I wrote a lot about, I forgot my camera, leaving it in the hotel room, so I only got a few pictures later on of the LP (lisbon, portugal)...



There are also street cars in Lisboa, and I took another Robert Doisneau museum-worthy photo...



Then I took several shots of the Lisboa rooftops in what I call my 'kissing series', which means I look at people standing next to eachother and say 'Kiss!'. Brigid and Amy...



Evan and Kelly...


Rachel and (different) Amy...


And finally, the ride home...

No comments: