Monday, August 29, 2005

Merry London

Hola Compadres,

So on the way over to Hispaniola or whatever, I stopped in London to see what there was to see. Turns out, because everything in London costs literally (read: "litrally") 2 times what it does in America, I couldnt really roll up to the club as much as I wanted to. Here are some things, however, that I did see:

London Bridge...



Trafalgar Square (triumphantly)...




Some guy hurling a discus in the British Museum, which was RIGHTEOUS...



I also took some videos of the Shakespeare's Globe Theater, but am having some difficulty uploading those. I will link them later.

Until then, I leave you with a quote I read on the wall of the National Portrait Gallery. The room was filled with pictures of all these guys who were in the Kit-cat Club, which was a bunch of pretty lairy geezers, including Robert Walpole and William Congreave, who dug being Protestant, being Whigs, and mutton pie. They used to meet at this sweet pub called Christopher Cat's in Temple Bar, eat mutton pies, and generally get lairy and talk about restoring the glory of the monarchy and stuff like that.

Years after the club had disbanded, Walpole wrote a letter suggesting that they all meet again,

"...not as a club, but old friends that have been of a club, and the best club that ever met."

What I'm trying to say is, you're all welcome to eat mutton pies in my cat-pub, which is the best club that ever was. Or something like that.

Love,
Robbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi rob,

it looks wonderful... thanks for the postcard!

t